Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Metamorphosis: A Butterfly's Story: The Zen of Creating

*** Please note, the above artwork is only a drawing and not the final piece. This was designed with The Glass Eye software.

Here is the first design that has come to me from my trip to Costa Rica. This incredible insect helped me to revealed a part of me that has long been concealed.The finished size will be 32"x 20". I will post more of the actual piece as it is being created tonight...
Thanks,
Christina

So there is a lot of saw work , lots of inside curves. More to come!











It's at the point now where I am so excited about being able to hold it up to the light. This is the thing about stained glass: I've picked out all the glass, scrutinized each color and how it will appear next to the other colors and textures. I cut, grind, foil, solder, reinforce. There are many steps involved in the creation of a stained glass panel, hours of love.....

Finally, the long awaited moment comes when I get to pick the piece up and hold it to the light! Was I right? Did I choose the right colors and textures? It's kind of like gardening, planting all of those bulbs in the fall then having to wait and wait and wonder.... Delayed gratification to put it simply. It teaches patients and love of the craft. I am excited to share this with you.... More to come!

5 comments:

  1. That is so pretty. I love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear of your experiences in Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your metamorphosis! Even a master like yourself can always grow and change. You're an inspiration Chris - thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete