Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am back from the jungle paradise of Costa Rica. I am full of inspiration! I played in the ocean and I saw breath taking displays of the glory of nature.

This piece,"Place of My Strength" is on exhibit at the High Country Conference Center on the campus of Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona. It measures 36"x44" and is framed in red oak. It is my homage to a giant Alligator Juniper.

Just past the Flag mall, there is a well-known trail called Fat Man’s Loop. At the top of this loop just east of the turn off that climbs to Elden lookout, sits a massive Alligator Juniper just above the trail. She is centuries old with many branches reaching out in a nurturing canopy. There is a boulder to sit on and a branch to lean on. I go there to pay my respects and give thanks for so many things…

This incredible piece is available for purchase. Please contact me for more information on how to have this uniquely original work of art. 928-699-6824

Blessings,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment