Thursday, August 26, 2010

Costa Rica:The Blue Morpho Stained Glass Piece

This is the final piece. It measures 20"x30". This piece is available for sale, please contact me for more information about this and other pieces I have. It took awhile, but it was worth the time and detail. Inside the moon I sandblasted a poem.

Defeated by Love by
Rumi,

"The sky was lit by the splendor of the moon
So powerful I fell to the ground
Your love has made me sure I am ready to
forsake this worldly life and surrender
to the magnificence of your Being"

This is the artwork
The poem is perfect. One night about a week into the trip I couldn't sleep and I walked out to the beach and lay in a hammock just yards from the ocean. Looking up, there was the full moon in all of her glory shining through the fronds of a coconut palm. Too good to be true, but it was true. I was moon struck.

No comments:

Post a Comment