Sunday, September 5, 2010

New work: Heart of the Lotus


Now that the Butterfly is done, "Costa Rica: Metamorphosis Part 3" I am focusing on my next commission, "Heart of the Lotus"

Here is the art work above and the piece in progress as it looks on my work bench. This will go in an entry way door. The size is 25"x 36".

When I first talked to Gail, I was boarding a plane to Chicago to relocate my Mom and Dad down to Little Rock, AR. My art was on hold and I had no idea when I would be able to resume my passion. But in those few minutes on the phone, I knew I really wanted to work with her! I was so happy when she called me back months later to start what has become a wonderful friendship!

Thank you Gail for having faith in me and understanding the chore I had to do and believing that I was the right artist to create this piece!

The elements for the "Lotus", including the tree, the red rocks, the sun and moon were inspired from Gail's home in Oak Creek Canyon.

I think what I love the most about creating glass for people is learning who they are and helping them bring to reality, a vision that they have.

This piece has a new challenge: the center of the lotus blossom will have a large crystal in the center, so it will be thicker then the glass and will have special consideration when soldering it together. I'll keep you posted on what I come up with and the final out come.

Peace,
Christina

Coming soon... Raven's Eye Glassworks expands into the world of jewelry. I have returned to my love of beads. Working with primarily Tibetan beads, semi-precious gems and minerals, seed beads and sterling findings. I am creating a line of necklaces that are substantial and earthy. Posting images soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the Blue Morpho piece Christina!

    I am glad Costa Rica brought such richness into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete